Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chasers

In Nov 2007 I was a week late.  Mark and I were down at the  AF base doing some things.  I told him I thought I might be pregnant.  He went into the store and bought a First response test.  I was freaking out because Aidan was 4 and Bryce was only 10mths....YIKES!!!!  I went in a took the first test....It came out Negative....SCORE!  Then I just had to take the second because for me being a pee on the stickaholic....one was NOT enough.  Well, this one came back with a faint line.  WOW....which do I trust???  I could NOT, not know right that moment if it was positive or negative.  I went out and we bought a digital test.  I went in and took it.  I waited while it blinked.  Having 2 boys so close was a scary thought.  I was on birth control and did NOT want another baby right now.  Mark and I wanted to enjoy the boys together for awhile before adding ANOTHER baby to the mix.  Well, it began to flash pregnant.  Instantly my heart sunk.  How in the world did my birth control fail?  Why? 


I came out of the bathroom and Mark looked at me and said "Soooo????".  I just handed him the test and he smiled and said "Wow, you're fertile Babe".  Yep apparently I am.  I was not ready for another baby.  Mark and I had Gotten Married June 2007 and I felt like having another was just to much to take on at the moment.  Mark was of course fine.  He was so calm.  Kind of Excited.  He took a picture of the digital test and sent it to everyone.  Of course this time...I was married and it felt good knowing this would be our first baby as a married couple. 


This pregnancy, I again hoped to add a girl to our family.  I thought....There is NO way this one will not be a girl.  We already have 2 boys.  At our Gender U/S I got excited to finally use our girl name we picked out.  I laid back and Loved seeing the baby bounce around.  Seeing the babies little face.  What a cute face too.  She looked just like her Mama.  Well the Dr. Laughed and said "Jessica, it's another boy".  Okay, so maybe HE was cute and looked just like HIS Daddy.  I felt my heart drop.  This was our last baby.  No girl for me.  I honestly felt so terrible for NOT wanting another boy.  I yearned for a girl.


As the months passed and I felt him move, I began to be ok with it.  I had picked out names but really nothing Mark and I REALLY liked.  Then one day my Mom called and suggested the name Chase.  I instantly LOVED it.  Mark on the other hand would like it one day and not the next.  I just began calling the baby Chase.  I felt it was his name.


I have a hard time recalling a lot of my pregnancy with Chase though.  I was in pain and had issues with walking and trying to take care of the 2 older boys, deal with being pregnant, moving and lots more.  I feel terrible for not remembering much.  There was so much going on that I feel like I didn't get to really enjoy my pregnancy.


On July 12th 2008.....I was induced at the hospital.  They began my induction at 6am.  Labor was hard but I was able to get an epidural.  I love epidurals....I LOVE them.  Once again there were lots of family there to visit and hang out.  We figured we would make sure everyone was there early on since Bryce came so fast.  I am the type of person that loves to be surrounded by people while in labor.  I love to chat and laugh. 


It came time to push around 1:00 in the afternoon.  I had those closest to me there for the birth.  I was so Thankful my Mom was there.  I began pushing and it was so painful.  I felt like every time I could feel him coming out, he would suck back up in me.  I couldn't help but cry.  30min later....Baby Chase was born.  I remember I thought he was SOOOO CUTE!!!!!  He has big lips and full cheeks.  Once again I fell in love.  God had Blessed me again with an amazing and beautiful child. 


The next day we took Chase home.  Boy oh Boy did Aidan and Bryce freak out.  They helped so much and loved on him constantly.  They cuddled him, put blankets on him and helped in anyway they could.  Watching them hold him was wonderful.  They instantly had a tight bond.


Chase is now 3 and is a BIG Mama's boy.  He's my little buddy.  He loves to cuddle, rub my face and lay with me.  He is such a blessing.  I would be lost without him.  He is also what I like to call the destroyer.  That kid will destroy anything he touches.  As a matter of fact I will be making a post just for the destroyer and his adventures.  He is in to EVERYTHING.  I can no longer go pee alone....I HAVE to take him with me because I can not leave him alone.  Not even for a quick trip to the bathroom.  He tests me daily but no matter how rotten he is......He is the biggest love bug.  He is my sweet baby boy!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely story, I completely understand why you wanted your last baby to be a girl after two boys, when it comes down to it though, you will love your baby no matter what. Chase is a little stunner. Congratulations on your 3 wonderful boys!

    Laurax
    www.thelifeandtimesoftheworkingmum.com

    ReplyDelete